53 Coal carrying wagons derail at Gurpa in Dhanbad division, many trains cancelled, divertedWritten By Suresh Nikhar | Published on Oct 26, 2022, 15:05 IST | 1666776903207GAYA(Bihar): An unfortunate incident took place on October 26, when a 53 wagon of a coal-laden goods train derailed in Dhanbad's Gurpa railway station.
The derailment of the goods train has affected the rail route due to which many passenger trains were cancelled, short-terminated, or diverted, Indian Railway officials stated. However, there was no report of any casualty.
The derailment took place at 06:20 am on Wednesday between Gurpa and Paharpur stations on the Gomoh- DDU section of the Dhanbad division. The up and down lines on the section were affected, railway sources said.
Altogether 53 coal laden wagons of the goods train which were completely derailed and several bogies got over each other causing complete halt to the UP & DN traffic on the railway line. While on the other hand, railways has decided to diverted many trains and some trains have been cancelled.
Let us tell you that after the train accident, many trains are standing at Gaya, Koderma and other places. On the other hand, the railway passengers who were going towards their destination have been facing hard trouble on Chhath festival.
All the rail passengers are waiting for the smooth restoration of the rail traffic. While here the railways has diverted the routes of many trains while many trains have been cancelled. However Ajmer Sealdah Express is standing at Guraru station in DDU division.
This resulted in the cancellation of various trains including.
1. 13305 Dhanbad - Dehri On Sone Intercity Express.
2. 13553 Asansol-Varanasi Express
3. 13546 Gaya-Asansol Express
4. Asansol-Gaya 13545 departing from Asansol on 26.10.2022 has been cancelled.
Check out the list of diverted trains here -
1. 12381 Howrah-New Delhi Express Departing Howrah on 26.10.2022 will be diverted via Asansol-Jhajha, Patna-Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Jn.
2. 13151 Kolkata-Jammutvi Express Departing from Kolkata on 26.10.2022 Changed Route Via Asansol-Jhajha, Patna-Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Jn.
3. 12365 Patna-Ranchi Express Departing from Patna on 26.10.2022 on converted route via Gaya-Dehri on Son-Garhwa Road-Tori.
4. 12319 Kolkata-Agra Cantt Express departing Kolkata on 26.10.2022 converted route via Asansol-Jhajha, Patna-Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Jn.
5. 12260 Bikaner-Sealdah Express departing from Bikaner on 25.10.2022 changed route via Gaya-Kiul-Jhajha.
6. 12988 Ajmer-Sealdah Express departing from Ajmer on 25.10.2022 changed route via Kiul-Jhajha.
7. 12382 New Delhi-Howrah Express leaving New Delhi on 25.10.2022 was diverted via Kiul-Jhajha.
8. 13152 Jammu Tawi – Kolkata Express departing from Jammu Tawi on 24.10.2022 diverted via Kiul – Jhajha.
9. 12444 Anand Vihar Terminus – Haldia Express leaving Anand Vihar Terminus on 25.10.2022 will be diverted via Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Jn.-Patna-Jhajha-Asansol.
10. 12802 New Delhi-Puri Express leaving New Delhi on 25.10.2022 via converted route via Dehri on Sone-Garhwa Road-Barkakana-Muri.